Join the Knoxville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority for May Week 2021!
May Week is a national program of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated. It was created at the second national convention at Wilberforce University in 1920. Its purpose is to emphasize the importance of higher education in the community, especially for black women.
May Week 2021
- Saturday, May 1 – Kickoff to Hands to Give: $500 in 5 Day: An online campaign to raise funds for young girls of the Ashanti Region in Ghana and Garífuna women of Honduras.
- Sunday, May 2 – Spotlight on KAC Youth Programs: Hear from the students involved in our educational programs on KAC’s social media accounts and website.
- Monday, May 3 – Mindfulness Monday: Crimson Conversations: relax, relate, release with mental health and mindfulness tips on KAC’s social media accounts and website.
- Tuesday, May 4 – Spring Into Financial Fortitude: 6 pm EST, via Zoom, KAC will host an economic development workshop focused on savings, credit recovery & counseling, preventing virtual bank fraud, and homeownership! REGISTER NOW!!
- Wednesday, May 5 – Redistricting: What is redistricting? KAC’s social media accounts and website will show you what you need to know about the important process of drawing electoral district boundaries.
- Thursday, May 6 – Wellness Thursday: Studies show African American women disproportionately suffer from health conditions associated with low physical activity, including obesity, Type II diabetes, heart disease, and colon cancer. Let’s move! Join us on KAC social media.