Join the Knoxville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority for May Week 2021!
May Week is a national program of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated. It was created at the second national convention at Wilberforce University in 1920. Its purpose is to emphasize the importance of higher education in the community, especially for black women.
May Week 2021
- Saturday, May 1 – Kickoff to Hands to Give: $500 in 5 Day: An online campaign to raise funds for young girls of the Ashanti Region in Ghana and Garífuna women of Honduras.
- Sunday, May 2 – Spotlight on KAC Youth Programs: Hear from the students involved in our educational programs on KAC’s social media accounts and website.
- Monday, May 3 – Mindfulness Monday: Crimson Conversations: relax, relate, release with mental health and mindfulness tips on KAC’s social media accounts and website.
- Tuesday, May 4 – Spring Into Financial Fortitude: 6 pm EST, via Zoom, KAC will host an economic development workshop focused on savings, credit recovery & counseling, preventing virtual bank fraud, and homeownership! REGISTER NOW!!
- Wednesday, May 5 – Redistricting: What is redistricting? KAC’s social media accounts and website will show you what you need to know about the important process of drawing electoral district boundaries.
- Thursday, May 6 – Wellness Thursday: Studies show African American women disproportionately suffer from health conditions associated with low physical activity, including obesity, Type II diabetes, heart disease, and colon cancer. Let’s move! Join us on KAC social media.
The 2021 Knoxville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta collegiate scholarship application period is closed.
Delta Sigma Theta is an international public service sorority comprised of predominantly Black, college educated women. Since its founding more than 300,000 women have joined the organization. KAC encourages academic excellence through higher education. Scholarships are awarded to young African-American women who exemplify academic excellence, strong leadership, and community involvement.
There are TWO different collegiate scholarships available.
$1,000 Mu Zeta Collegiate Scholarship Qualifications:
-Applicant must be an active member of Mu Zeta Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
-Minimum 3.0 GPA
-Applicant must be a rising junior or senior
$1,200 Dessa Blair Scholarship Qualifications:
-African-American Female-Education Major (Sophomore-Senior)
-Aspiring K-12 Teacher
-Minimum 3.0 GPA -Knoxville Area Resident
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: Saturday, May 1, 2021
It’s the season of LOVE! Knoxville Alumnae’s International Awareness and Involvement Committee invites you to support its Hearts for Haiti campaign! Donate to help the children of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Elementary School’s The Cynthia M.A. Butler-McIntyre Campus in the remote village of Chἐrette, Haiti. The funds will help with teacher’s salaries, school lunches, and school building operational expenses. Donate now through February 28th, 2021.
Give as an individual or team up and give as a group!
1) Donate via Eventbrite. You do not need an Eventbrite account to give. Just click on the link, put in your amount and credit card, and submit!
2) Mail check to: Knoxville Alumnae Chapter
P.O. Box 14181
Knoxville, TN 37914.
To: Knoxville Alumnae Chapter
Memo: “Hearts for Haiti”